Sunday, September 12, 2010

Time to "Get Whipped"

It's been a long time coming. I've dreamed of the day when I would start my own business. The day it would become "official". Hours spent writing a business plan with four boys in my Entrepreneurship class. Countless hours of measuring, mixing, baking, and piping. Several back and forth e-mails trying to get everything juuust right. And then, it happened...


I'm "official". I have a logo. A Facebook page. A website in the works. A deal with a local cafe/coffeehouse that sells my cupcakes. I feel like I've finally made it. I still have a long way to go. Legal stuff -- blech. I guess you could say I'm prolonging that as long as I can, simply because I know it's going to take a lot of work, probably a good bit of money, and a lot of time. Time isn't something I necessarily have right now. Twelve hour days at school three days a week, up to twenty hours of working on the weekend. And let's not forget cooking, baking, cleaning, and organizing. Oh, and homework. There's a lot of that. But, I know it will all be worth it in the end. To know that I have accomplished something like starting my own business.

But let's get back to my business deal! Birdie's Cafe Coffeehouse in Westminster, MD is selling cupcakes by Whipped on a weekly basis. I have been looking to get more exposure so I contacted the owner and asked if this would be something she was interested in. She seemed very excited, and next Tuesday I'll be delivering my third dozen to her. 

     
{Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream & Oreo Cupcakes with Oreo Buttercream for first order, Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream & Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes for second order}

The best part about this arrangement is I get to pick the flavors. So to start I've been doing one traditional flavor and one more "exotic". I haven't quite decided on this weeks flavors yet. Pretty sure I want to do Red Velvet but I haven't settled on the second. Suggestions are always welcome ;)


I'm really excited to see where my dream takes me. And I'm so glad that I have such supportive friends and family that stand behind me and encourage me every step of the way. I think that's the most important thing beside my passion for it, and I'm so thankful for all of them.

Now off to do homework aka daydream of cupcakes, haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home