Sunday, August 15, 2010

Scones cure.

At the beginning of the month I went to the beach with my cousin, Sarah. After being told to "not forget sunscreen", I come home looking like a lobster. My bag/legs/butt were so burnt that it hurt to sit/move/lay down. I was miserable. But nonetheless, I threw on my black dress and headed over to Miss Nicole's for another bake date. This time -- scones.

And let me tell you. Scones cure sunburn. They also cure a case of the Tuesday's, as we made them again last week when I was having a blah day, haha. I found the recipe on Tasty Kitchen, and the only modifications we made were using half whole wheat flour and half all purpose and we decided to only use blueberries instead of a mix of berries. Oh, and we sprinkled sugar on top. Which is a fabulous idea.

The scones have a great flavor and aren't too dry and don't have any weird aftertaste. The nutmeg and cinnamon are a great addition, and after making this recipe twice, it's definitely going to be a common breakfast in my house and the perfect baked good to send Nicole while she's at school :)


Very Berry Scones

Ingredients:

                2-½ cups Flour
                2 teaspoons Baking Powder
                2 Tablespoons Sugar
                ½ teaspoons Salt
                1 teaspoon Cinnamon
                ½ teaspoons Nutmeg
                6 Tablespoons Butter, Chilled
                1 cup Dried Berries (mixed or one kind)
                ¾ cups Milk

Directions:
Sift and measure the flour. Re-sift the flour with the other dry ingredients. Work the butter into the dry ingredients with your fingers. Add the dried fruit to the flour mixture and mix thoroughly. Add the milk and mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix. Divide the dough into two equal parts. On an ungreased cookie sheet, pat into a round about the thickness of a biscuit (about 3/4 to 1 inch thick). Cut into wedge shaped pieces, like a pie and bake for 15 minutes at 450 degrees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home