Monday, August 23, 2010

Cupcakes, Brownies, Shepherd's Pie, OH MY!

I've been on a roll lately with the cooking/baking. And while not all cooking endeavors are blog-worthy, there are a few that are. And with that, I give to you:


Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Frosting! This recipe came from How Sweet It Is and was just as delicious as described in the blog post. Perfect ending to our end of the summer crab feast last week!

     

Peanut Butter Chip Brownies AND Vegan Strawberry Cupcakes! I used my mom's brownie recipe for the brownies then added peanut butter chips on the bottom and top of the batter. Fudgey, chocolatey, peanut buttery. So good. The cupcakes were 100% vegan, the first time I've actually done so (I've made vegan cupcakes in the past, but have used a non-vegan buttercream). They were a huge hit at the White Trash BBQ, and I plan on making them for one of my co-workers who is obsessed with my strawberry cupcakes. I want to see which ones he thinks are better!

And last but not least...



Sweet Potato Topped Shepherd's Pie and buttery, flaky, Pilsbury biscuits! I have been wanting to make Shepherd's Pie for a good month or so, and Rachael Ray must've known because she put not one, but TWO recipes in her recent issue! I went with the sweet potato topped one, which coincidently is the first time I've ever even purchased a sweet potato (even though I bought them from my job because restaurant sweet potatoes are way cheaper then supermarket ones, haha).

I think the only things I would change would be to double up the gravy recipe and use (I used one in the dish and made another on the side since I wasn't sure how much the sweet potatoes would soak up), and I would use less milk with the sweet potatoes because personally, they were too moist for me. I was expecting a firmer topping, and I know that sweet potatoes are generally softer then white, but I think the milk and the gravy attributed to making them even softer.

So there you have it, folks. Cupcakes, brownies, and Shepherd's Pie. I'll be posting recipes soon, if you'd like to try any of these yummy dishes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home